Saturday, December 16, 2017

December 15, 2017 . Falcon 9 CRS-13 launch

Some improvement in capturing a launch.  While not a great day, in terms of photo productivity, I've now made a check list to make sure I don't make the same mistakes again.  I failed to unlock my 200-500 mm lens - so all these images from at 200mm.  My video camera managed to capture the blowing bushes instead of the rocket - and so the list of mistakes goes on.

Falcon 9 CRS-13  liftoff

Departing from launch complex 40


Clearing the gantry

Falcon 9 CRS-13  liftoff

A good view of the rocket, lightning arrestors and the ignition vapor (from water sprayed over the ignition site


Moving up

Falcon 9 passing through Max Q

Rocket and vapor trail


Below, the SpaceX Video of launch and recovery (totally awesome)


SpaceX commentary



Showing stage separation with earth in the background



And the Russian coverage 


No comments: