Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Jan 31, 2017: Breakfast at Walden Lake

This morning, I decided to work on my focus and flash skills.  I walked over to the grassy spot where I usually find crab spiders and Tetragnatha -  I was no disappointed.  Found male and female Mecaphesa celer and Tetragnatha - and their breakfast.

Theridion spiderlings


Theridion spiderlings, a day later



 Magnolia green jumping spider (Lyssomanes viridis) - with a transparent cephalothorax - here the steerable retina is not visible

Visible retina 







Face of Lyssomanes viridis 


Tetragnatha - reaching for breakfast


Tetragnatha with breakfast


Male Mecaphesa celer


Female Mecaphesa celer


Mecaphesa with breakfast


Crab spider captures breakfast


Breakfast


A yellow flower - sort of wide angle macro


No comments: